Indoor Saturday Market OPEN from 9am to 2pm!
Market to Reopen Doors for Inside Shopping Saturday October 31, 2020
The indoor Saturday market is now open for our regular market hours of 9am to 2pm.
We know that many people are concerned about accessing the food they love in a safe way. We continue to work under the direct supervision of local health officials to create a safe environment so we can continue to serve our community. In line with PEI Health & Wellness directives, we have implemented a number of safety measures and kindly ask that you observe them while shopping mindfully and with purpose.
Our Commitment to You:
- Mandatory Masks: Masks or face coverings will be required at the Market beginning Saturday, October 31 st.
- Monitoring Capacity: we reserve the right to limit capacity at any time to provide a safe experience.
- Physical distancing: please ensure you are giving us and each other 6ft to safely work and shop. That’s about 9 zucchini lengths!
- One-way aisles: to reduce congestion and allow physical distancing, all aisles are one-way. Please follow the directional arrows to promote a safe flow of traffic.
- No eating area seating: we’re happy to share that our Food Vendors will be offering take away food choices; however, our sit down eating area will be closed until further notice.
- Enhanced sanitation practices in high-frequency touch points: in addition to the standard cleaning that has been part of our daily maintenance schedule; we have introduced extra measures to increase the sanitation of the market. Our cleaning staff is cleaning high-frequency touch points using hospital-grade disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Additional hand sanitizers placed around the Market: we also have fully stocked bathrooms with hands free soap dispensing for handwashing.
- Usage of reusable cups and containers will be suspended until further notice: Vendors must only serve products in take-out packaging.
- All public product sampling will be suspended until further notice.
- Cash will be accepted at the market as will debit/credit by vendors offering this service.
Please Help us Ensure a Safe and Healthy Environment for Everyone:
- Maintain a distance of six feet from other people while shopping.
- Wearing a mask or face-covering in the community is recommended when it is not possible to consistently maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others, particularly in crowded public settings.
- When possible, choose one healthy designated shopper for each household, and reach out to elderly family and neighbours to include their needs in your shopping.
- Do not visit the Market if you are sick or have returned from travelling.
- To reduce cross-contamination, please do not handle items you do not intend to buy.
- Wash your hands frequently. Bathrooms are available by the front entrance.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly at home.
- Be kind and stay nourished. We’re all in this together!
We are all facing uncertainty and deeply appreciate your choosing to support local businesses. We will remain responsive and implement additional measures as directed and will continue to share updates with you as we all move forward in supporting the local economy. Please be patient and kind when you are at the Market, we are all trying to navigate this difficult situation to the best of our abilities.
You Can Still Shop Online and Enjoy FREE CONTACTLESS Pick-Up
You now have TWO ways to buy local and eat fresh with the Charlottetown Farmers’ Market Co-operative – our indoor market AND our online marketplace!
Our online marketplace, CFM2GO, features over 40 local vendors and +400 delicious local food products!
Ordering takes place each week from Saturday at 5pm to Tuesday at noon.
After you’ve placed your order, you’ll enjoy contactless pick-up at the Market on Thursday from 3pm to 6pm. We are delighted to offer a FREE pick-up service, so you can enjoy the convenience of shopping locally on-line without incurring any extra fees!
Join Us at the Market
Enjoy a warm atmosphere, celebrate community and buy local at the Market every Saturday . Meet local farmers, crafters, artisans and hot food vendors.
Purchase local, organic produce, fish, meats, baked goods, preserves, roasted coffee and specialty teas. Plus foods for those with special dietary needs! Serving foods from around the world, the Charlottetown Farmers’ Market has something for every taste and desire.