The Charlottetown Farmers’ Market Co-operative is back for the summer with an open-air market experience! We’ve been working closely with Public Health Officers to ensure the new market is a safe space to shop and support over 30 of our local vendors.
Launching July 4th, the Market will be set-up in the parking area of the Charlottetown Farmers’ Market at 100 Belvedere Ave., Charlottetown. Market-goers will be asked to park at the adjacent UPEI parking lot. Operating hours are 8am to 1pm every Saturday. Due to new health protocols, we will not be admitting any patrons before 8am (i.e. no early birds please!).
The new market space will feature +30 vendors set up around the perimeter of the parking lot. Physical distancing measures have been put in place and staff will be on-site to direct you. Hand sanitizer stations will also be on-site.
While the market may feel a bit different than before, our vendors will continue to offer the products you know and love. We trust that you will adapt to the new plan and continue to support local vendors.
The safety of our patrons and vendors remains at the forefront as we open our first outdoor market. Again, the atmosphere of shopping at your farmers’ market during this time of social distancing may be a little different. Previously, your Farmers’ Market has been a place to gather and meet with friends. Due to the new environment, we need to be more aware of the changes that must be in place. However, we do not want you to forget the many wonderful reasons to visit us, including the great health benefits of purchasing fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables. We will endeavour to keep this site updated as often as possible.
To ensure everyone’s safety, please keep these things in mind:
- The Market Building will be closed to general public.
- Entrance to the Open Air Market will be through 100 Belvedere St. only (Roundabout entrance)
- The lower lot where vendors will set up can be accessed from one staffed entry point outside off Belvedere Ave. Shoppers are asked to park at adjacent
- UPEI parking lot and use the cross walk on Belvedere Ave. to access the Market. Please continue to practice social distancing measures outside.
- There is one exit, once you’ve left the market site, if you wish to re-enter, you will only be able to re- enter through 100 Belvedere Ave.
- Do not visit if exhibiting any symptoms of illness
- Access to the open air market is limited to 100 shoppers at a time
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering
- Wearing a non-medical face mask is strongly advised
- Follow one-way directional arrows and signage
- Shop don’t stop! Plan to move quickly from vendor to vendor
- Have cash on hand as there are NO ATM’s on site
- Please exit when you are finished shopping
- Be patient and be kind to one another as we support each other though this new way of shopping.
- Check our website or individual vendor site for hours and availability
- Check if your favourite farmer has a pre-order for pick up
- Let farmers serve you at their stands
- Do not touch or sample any food you are not buying
- To reduce the number of people, only have one person from your household shop at the market
- Maintain your social distancing from other shoppers, vendors and staff
- Do not crowd any vendor booth
- Use exact change or debit (if available) to minimize wait time and contact from consumer to vendor.
- There is no evidence of food packaging being associated with the transmission of COVID-19. However, if you wish, you can wipe down product packaging and allow it to air dry, as an extra precaution. However, we encourage once home that you rinse your fresh produce with cool, running water for 20 seconds.
Open-Air Market Vendors
Please note that the vendors attending our open-air market may vary from week to week. If you are counting on seeing a specific vendor at the Market, please contact them directly to confirm their attendance.
Fresh Start Fauxmage
Crystal Green Organic Farm
Canoe Cove Honey
Island Taylored Meats
Morning Dew Gardens
East Isle Farm
The Salume Room PEI
Island Sunshine Farm
Maple Bloom Farm
PEI Maple Syrup
Lucky Bee Homestead & Atlantic Mustard Mill
Nurturing Essence Raw Chocolate
Kate the Spice Lady
Island Baking & Milling
Angelika’s German Bakery
Deep Roots Distillery
Lady Baker Tea Trolley
Caledonia Coffee House
El Sabor de Mexico
Lil Orbits Mini Donuts
Little Meadows Wood work
Niki Heddle Inspired Art
Kettlegrove Soap Works
Trout River Pottery
South Shore Sea Glass
Willow Bend Studios